- 2012 State Bar of Wisconsin
- 2012 U.S. District Court; Western District of Wisconsin
- Vassar College, B.A., 1994, with honors. Majors: English, Art History
- Trinity College, Dublin M.Phil., 1997, Irish Literature
- University of Wisconsin School of Business, M.A., 2001, Art Administration
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2012
- Note and Comment Editor, Wisconsin Law Review, 2011-2012
- Volunteer Advocate, Unemployment Appeals Clinic
- Student-Attorney, Criminal Appeals Clinic
- Health Law Students Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- James E. Doyle, Sr. Inns of Court
- Legal Association for Women
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Risk Management
Melita M. Mullen
Melita’s litigation practice with Corneille Law Group involves the defense of individuals, businesses and healthcare facilities in personal injury, medical malpractice and general negligence matters. She comes to the legal profession with an extensive background in writing, research and helping her clients develop effective communication strategies.
Originally from the Boston area, Melita is a graduate of Vassar College, with honors, and the University of Wisconsin Law School, where she was a Note and Comment Editor for the Wisconsin Law Review. She has contributed to articles educating physicians on responding to complaint investigations by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services and educating employers on Wisconsin’s recent concealed carry legislation. She is a member of the Corneille Law Group Madison medical negligence team which garnered a first tier ranking by U.S. News and World Report: Best Law Firms® for medical malpractice defense in 2016.
Outside of work, Melita supports the arts and dances tango. She is a member of the Board of Directors for Children’ts Theater of Madison.
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Nursing Home Defense
- Personal Injury Defense
- Defense of Licensed Professionals
- Employment Defense
- “Shelf Life: The Poisoner’s Handbook” (book review), Wisconsin Lawyer (December 2014).
- “Reducing the Risks of Health Care Provider Liability for Employee Privacy Breaches,” www.corneillelaw.com, November 2014
- “HIPAA Compliance Is More Important Than Ever for Business Associates of Health Care Entities,” www.corneillelaw.com, August 2014
- Dodge v. Home Owners – September 2016
- Anderson v. M.D. – September 2016
- Cerniglia Products, Inc. v. Repair Shop – January 2016