Email Mark Budzinski
Direct Line: 920-884-2378
Over the past 20 years, Mark has litigated hundreds of cases throughout Wisconsin in both state and federal courts, including more than 50 cases tried to jury verdict. He has represented clients of every size, from individuals involved in personal injury cases and small businesses, to Fortune 500 Companies and Top 100 Law Firms. He has successfully represented clients in jury trials dealing with issues ranging from catastrophic injuries, quadriplegia, and wrongful death, to contract disputes. His integrity and intensity connects with juries to deliver outstanding results.
After growing up in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, Mark attended the University of Wisconsin – Madison where he earned both his bachelor's degree and law degree. He immediately went to work for the Corneille Law Group. Today he is the managing partner of the firm operating out of both the Green Bay and Madison offices.
At the age of 17, Mark enlisted in the Unites States Marine Corps infantry as a rifleman, following a long family tradition of military service. He served in the Marine Corps Reserve for 6 years while obtaining his undergraduate and law degrees. During that time, he completed a number of combat related training schools around the country before completing his military obligation in 2001.
By 2004, Mark had established himself as a successful trial lawyer in the firm's Madison office. In the meantime, the war in Iraq broke out. Mark took a leave of absence from his law practice to re-enlist in the United States Marine Corps. He was assigned to Kilo Company, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, and deployed to Al Anbar Province, Iraq in February of 2005 where he led his Marines into battle at the very height of the insurgency. He returned home in October of 2005, and shortly thereafter opened the Corneille Law Group's Green Bay office.
Mark has been designated a Board Certified Trial Attorney by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, has been selected by his peers for membership in the Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel, and the American Board of Trial Advocacy (ABOTA). He has been given the highest possible peer review rating by Martindale Hubbell (A/V), has been selected as a Wisconsin Super Lawyer every year since 2013, and has been recognized by the Wisconsin Law Journal as one of Wisconsin's “Leaders in the Law” in recognition of his professional achievements in successfully representing his clients at trial in high exposure cases throughout the State of Wisconsin.
- 2000 State Bar of Wisconsin
- 2000 U.S. District Court; Western District of Wisconsin
- 2001 U.S. District Court; Eastern District of Wisconsin
- 2020 U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- 2020 State Bar of Michigan
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., 1997
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 2000
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Health Law Section
- Brown County Bar Association
- Wisconsin Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Brown County Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel (Board of Directors 2010-2014)
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Wisconsin Hospital Association
- Personal Injury
- Construction Defect and Delay
- Contract Litigation
- Products Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability
- Abuse and Neglect Claims
- Patient Supervision and Falls
- Caregiver Misconduct Claims
- Punitive Damage Claims
Health Care Litigation
- Medical Negligence and Informed Consent
- Premises Liability
- Health Care Information Confidentiality Breaches
- Patient Falls
Health Care Compliance
- Wisconsin Health Care Privacy Statutes
- Peer Review and Root Cause Analysis
- Informed Consent
- Other statutory and regulatory compliance
- Licensing and Credentialing
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate – National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2011
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate – National Board of Civil Pretrial Advocacy, 2012
- Selected by ALM and Martindale-Hubbell™ as Top Rated Lawyer for Insurance Law in 2019
- Selected for inclusion in U.S. News and World Report: The Best Lawyers in America® in personal injury litigation in 2011 through 2021 and medical malpractice litigation in 2018 through 2021
- Included in Wisconsin Super Lawyers list in 2013 through 2020
- Included in Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyers list in 2017
- Selected by Wisconsin Law Journal as Leader in the Law in 2015
- Featured in Wisconsin Law Journal, “Budzinski keeps answering the call” in 2015
- Included in Wisconsin Super Lawyers-Rising Stars list in 2007, 2010 through 2012
- Featured in Super Lawyers Magazine, “Turning Al Anbar – Why Mark Budzinski left his med-mal practice to lead troops in Iraq” in 2010
- Rated A.V. Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell™
- Elected into American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 2016
- Elected to Federation Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) in 2014
- “Informed Consent Issues in Bariatric Surgery”
- “Effective Use of Motions in Limine”
- “Informed Consent after Jandre“
- “Medical Malpractice from A to Z”
- “Litigation Cases Under Wisconsin's Home Improvement Act”
- “Informed Consent in Wisconsin”
- “Discovery Law and Practice”
- “Introduction to Depositions”
- “Introduction to Depositions”
- “Basics of Depositions in Malpractice Cases”
- “Employer Liability in Return to Work Programs”
- “Motor Vehicle Accident Liability”
- "Application of the Pollution Exclusion”
- “Informed Consent Issues in Treatment of Minors,” Risk Management Newsletter
- “Implications of Documentation Outside the Medical Chart by Health Care Providers,” Risk Management Newsletter
- “Leveling the Playing Field in Strict Products Liability,” Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin, Spring
- “Punitive Damages in Cases Involving Intoxicated Defendants,” Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin, Fall
- “Application of the Pollution Exclusion to Mold Claims,” Civil Trial Counsel of Wisconsin
- Suhs v. M.D., et al.
- Stanley v. M.D., et al.
- Godfrey v. M.D.
- Sutrick v. Hospital
- Allen v. M.D.
- Hietpas v. Insurance Company
- Kampo v. Insurance Company
- Schink v. M.D.
- Blank v. Insurance Company
- DeSotel v. M.D.
- Roberts v. Hospital
- Rupert v. M.D.
- Schmidt v. M.D.
- Neubert v. Insurance Company
- Schumacher v. John Doe
- Wilke v. M.D.
- Hagenow v. M.D.
- Aski v. Insurance Company
- Knueppel v. M.D.
- Sicard v. Insurance Company
- Huckbody v. Hospital
- Weborg v. M.D.
- Kohlwey v. Hospital
- Borowski v. M.D.
- Xong v. Insurance Company
- Marzofka v. M.D.
- Jackson v. M.D.
- McCarn v. M.D.
- Nett v. M.D.
- Tidmore v. Insurance Company
- Jatnieks v. Insurance Company
- Nicholson v. Insurance Company
- Erickson v. Insurance Company
- Phelps v. Hospital
- Insurance Company v. Plucinski
- Anderson v. M.D.
- Frank v. Insurance Company